Table of contents
- 1 General
- 2 Client Responsibility
- 3 Client Identification Requirements
- 4 Unibet's Reserved Rights
- 5 Acceptance
- 6 Payment Terms
- 7 Betting and Payout Limitations
- 8 Default
- 9 Cancellation (Voiding) of Bets
- 10 Promotions
- 11 Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism
- 12 Disclaimer and Priority
- 13 Amendments
1.1 "Unibet" or "Betchoice" are references to Betchoice Corporation Pty Ltd A.C.N 71 121 382 607, trading as Unibet, a company registered in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001. Unibet is licensed by the Northern Territory Racing Commission to accept wagers by telephone and the internet.
1.2 “Client” or “you” are references to any person that holds a betting account with Unibet (“Betting Account”).
1.4 Unibet shall make a recording of all telephone calls that take place between Unibet and Clients, both incoming and outgoing. The Client consents to these recordings being made and the Client agrees that the relevant recording(s) and/or any records of a Client's transactions may be made available to any Authority (as defined in paragraph 6 of “Unibet’s Reserved Rights”).
1.5 All dividends shown are for a $1 investment. All tote-based dividends displayed are approximate only.
1.6 If any provision in these Terms or the Rules is or becomes void or unenforceable, that provision will be taken to be removed and cease to form part of the Terms or the Rules. However, the remaining Terms or Rules will continue to have full force and effect.
1.7 Upon acceptance of these Terms by the Client, the Terms (as amended from time to time under paragraph 7 above) are irrevocable and will remain in effect for as long as the Client holds a Betting Account.
1.8 None of Unibet's agents or representatives are authorised to make any representations, statements, conditions or agreements not expressed by Unibet in writing nor is Unibet bound by any such unauthorised statements.
1.9 The Client undertakes to give Unibet not less than fourteen (14) days prior written notice of any proposed change in the Client's name and/or any other change in the Client's details (including but not limited to changes in the Client's address, facsimile number, or telephone number).
1.10 Once a Betting Account has been opened, it cannot be used (that is bets cannot be placed) until the Client has elected whether s/he wishes to set a pre-commitment level. If the Client elects to set a pre-commitment level (“PCL”), the Betting Account cannot be used until the Client has set a PCL. If a client sets a PCL, that Client agrees that:
- a. the amount s/he deposits into their Betting Account in each seven (7) day period (with the first seven (7) day period commencing on the day the Client sets the PCL) will not exceed the amount of the PCL;
- b. if s/he chooses to lower their PCL, the new limit will be in force immediately; and
- c. if s/he chooses to increase their PCL or revoke their PCL (ie so that they elect NOT to set a PCL), the increased or revoked limit will not take effect until seven (7) days after the request.
1.11 Unibet is licensed and regulated by the Northern Territory Racing Commission (the “NTRC”) and all wagers are considered to be placed and received in the Northern Territory in the Commonwealth of Australia.
1.12 These Terms will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Northern Territory. You agree, subject to paragraph 16 below, that you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Northern Territory in respect of any dispute arising out of these Terms or Unibet’s provision of the Service..
1.13 Any complaints you may have in relation to your use of the Service or any dispute between you and Unibet, subject to clause 18 below, will be dealt with in the following manner:
- a. In the first instance, you will email your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- b. Should you consider our reply to be unsatisfactory (the complaint is now a “Dispute”), within fourteen days of receiving this reply you must refer the Dispute to the Northern Territory Racing Commission via the web page https://nt.gov.au/industry/gambling/complain-about-a-bookmaker/gambling-dispute-form or post at GPO Box 1154 Darwin NT 0801 for final determination. The NTRC’s decision shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
1.14 Unibet shall not be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock out, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm, power surge, or other event beyond its reasonable control.
1.15 Irrespective of anything else in these Terms, any dispute under the ”Default” section of these Terms will be dealt with in accordance with the procedures set out in that section.
1.16 In accordance with Unibet’s licence conditions, Unibet maintains a banking facility with collateral equal to or greater than the total of client funds including pending bets as a safeguard of client funds in the event of insolvency. Total account balances are reported to the NTRC on a monthly basis and audited annually.
2 Client Responsibility
2.1 Clients are responsible for ensuring that their records, especially address, telephone number and payment/bank details are kept up to date. In the event that a Client has not kept their records up to date, Unibet reserves the right to suspend the Client’s Betting Account.
2.2 It is the Client's responsibility to ensure that they keep their user-name and security details confidential. In the event that a Client is worried that this may no longer be the case, they should notify Unibet immediately whereupon new details may be given. Upon notification of the new details, Unibet reserves the right to invalidate any future transactions utilising the previous details.
2.3 Clients will be responsible for any and all activity on their Betting Account, including any Bets placed while their Betting Account was accessed by an unauthorised individual. Unibet management, in its absolute discretion, will determine if these bets should stand.
3 Client Identification Requirements
3.1 The Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) and NT regulations require Unibet to verify the identity of each Client. Customers are required to verify their identity within 14 days of a Betting Account being opened and before any withdrawals are made from the Betting Account. The procedure for identification is set out on our Website.
3.2 By accepting these terms and conditions you give consent for Unibet to disclose your name, residential address and date of birth to a credit reporting agency and ask the credit reporting agency to provide an assessment of whether the personal information so provided matches (in whole or in part) personal information contained in a credit information file in the possession or control of the credit reporting agency to assist in verifying your identity for the purposes of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Act 2006.
The credit reporting agency may prepare and provide Unibet with such an assessment and may use your personal information including the names, residential addresses and dates of birth contained in credit information files of you and other individuals for the purposes of preparing such an assessment.
3.3 Under the terms of our licence, Unibet must be reasonably satisfied that all account holders are 18 years of age or older. If a Client's identification is not received by Unibet or age verification is not established to Unibet’s satisfaction within fourteen (14) days of the Client's first transaction then the Betting Account may be suspended until identification is received. All bets will stand unless Unibet management declares otherwise.
3.4 Unibet reserves the right to prevent funds being withdrawn from a Client Betting Account until the Client has completed the identification and age verification process satisfactorily. Funds will be released as soon as this process has been completed.
4 Unibet's Reserved Rights
4.1 The Client acknowledges that, where Unibet has the right under these Terms to refuse a wager (ie before it has been accepted), it also has the right to void a wager (ie after it has been accepted). The Reserved Rights in this section of the Terms are in addition to Unibet’s rights in the “Cancellation (Voiding) of Bets” section of these Terms.
4.2 Unibet reserves the right to refuse any wager. Without limiting this paragraph, Unibet reserves the right to refuse any wager or part of a wager without giving a reason at any time if any one or more of the following occur:
- a. the Client is less than 18 years of age;
- b. the Client is betting on behalf of a person who is less than 18 years of age;
- c. the Client is in breach of these Rules; and/or
- d. Unibet has reasonable concerns about possible fraudulent or inappropriate activity in relation to a Betting Account, including but not limited to reasonable concerns in respect of any possible fraud, collusion, unlawful or improper activity.
4.3 Unibet reserves the right to close a Client's Betting Account and refund the balance of the Betting Account without further explanation. In this event, outstanding wagers will be honoured unless Unibet management declares otherwise.
4.4 Unibet reserves the right to withhold payment and (subject to the concurrence of the NTRC) to declare bets on an event void if we have evidence that any of the following has occurred:
- a. the integrity of the event has been called into question;
- b. the price(s) or pool has been manipulated; or
- c. matchrigging has taken place.
Evidence of the above may be based on the size, volume or pattern of bets placed with Unibet or other factors of which Unibet is aware. A decision given by the relevant governing body of the sport in question (if any) will be conclusive.
4.5 Unibet has the right to provide Australian sporting bodies, upon their request, with:
- a. records, documents or other information in the possession or control of Unibet relating to betting transactions of any Client; and
- b. the name(s), contact details and similar identifying information in the possession or control of Unibet relating to any Client
Such information will only be provided to assist in a legitimate inquiry conducted by any Authority (as defined below) . For the avoidance of doubt, the Client consents to Unibet providing the above information to an Authority. “Authority” includes any Australian Governing Sports Body (as defined below), Australian law enforcement agency and the Northern Territory Racing Commission.
"Australia Governing Sporting Body" means any organisation charged with the administration of thoroughbred horse racing, harness racing and greyhound racing throughout Australia as well as organisations charged with the administration of particular sports in Australia including but not limited to Tennis Australia, Cricket Australia, the Australian Football League, Australian Rugby Union, Netball Australia, Football Federation Australia and the National Rugby League.
4.6 Irrespective of anything contained elsewhere in these Terms or the Rules, if Unibet publishes, posts or quotes any incorrect betting information for any sporting event, such as posting wrong dividends or lines, then regardless of the cause or source of such error;
- a. where the error is identified prior to the commencement of the event and notified by Unibet to the most recent telephone or facsimile contact number or email address supplied by a Client and this notification takes places after that Client’s wager on that event has been accepted or confirmed by Unibet, such wagers will be void. If the wager is part of a multi bet, the wager will then be re-calculated without the team/competitor to which the error related.
- b. where the error is identified only after the commencement of the event or for any other reason not notified to the Client's point of contact prior to commencement of the event, the wager on the event shall stand. The only exception to this is where Unibet can demonstrate that the error was manifest or obvious, or that the Client otherwise should reasonably have been aware of the error when the wager was placed.
4.7 Unibet has made considerable efforts to ensure its Service operates in a fair, prompt and accurate manner. Save to the extent permitted by Australian law (and only to such an extent), Unibet excludes all warranties (express or implied) relating to its wagering business and shall not have any liability for direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, expense or injury suffered by any Client.
Subject to the Rule/s which apply to that wager and Australian law, Unibet's liability in respect of any claim or loss, including a contractual claim under these Terms, shall be limited in amount to the amount of the relevant wager placed by a Client.
4.8 A Client may only have one (1) Betting Account unless otherwise agreed to by Unibet. If a Client has more than one (1) Betting Account(s), Unibet may transfer the account balances of the additional Client Betting Accounts into the original Client Betting Account and, if, after the transfers from the additional Client Betting Account(s):
- a. the original Betting Account has a debit balance, the Client shall, upon Unibet’s demand, make payment for the debit balance immediately; or
- b. the original Betting Account has a credit balance, this balance may be held by Unibet until such time as a determination has been made by Unibet as to whether or not there has been a breach of these Terms.
4.9 Subject to the terms and conditions of a specific promotion or offer, where a Client is offered bonus funds by Unibet and the Client is required to make a deposit before they can claim the bonus, the Client must wager the value of both their deposit and the bonus before the Client is entitled to withdraw the bonus. Unibet reserves the right to revoke the bonus and refund the remaining balance should a Client be in breach of this Term or the terms and conditions of the specific bonus.
4.10 Unibet does not warrant or imply that the Service complies with the legal requirements of any state or country other than the Northern Territory. Clients must satisfy themselves (and assume full responsibility) of the legality of their actions under any applicable law in connection with the following (without limitation):
- a. using the Service (including accessing the Website);
- b. applying to Unibet for a Betting Account;
- c. remitting funds by credit card or other means to a Client Betting Account held with Unibet;
- d. placement of wagers with Unibet; and
- e. receiving payments from Unibet.
5.1 Wagers will be accepted up to the advertised start time of the event or such time as determined by Unibet.
5.2 If a wager is inadvertently accepted in respect of an event after it starts, Unibet shall have the discretion to void the wager and refund the stake to the Client’s Betting Account. When making a wager via the telephone, it is the Client's responsibility to quote their correct user-name and/or User Number.
5.3 Unibet has the right to refuse any wager placed via the telephone where the amount staked is less than AUD$10.
5.4 The minimum stake of any wager placed via the Website is AUD$1.00.
5.5 All prices/lines are subject to variation and, with the exception of tote-related or top fluctuation wagers, will only be fixed once the wager is accepted by Unibet.
5.6 Each-way wagers placed via the Website must be the same stake for the win and place portion unless placed as separate win and place transactions.
5.7 Unless accepted in error, once accepted, a bet will remain valid and cannot be withdrawn or changed. It is the responsibility of the Client, at the time they place the bet, to ensure details of the bet placed are correct.
5.8 The Client agrees that should a dispute arise about the acceptance (or lack thereof) of any transaction in the Client's Betting Account, the log of transactions displayed in the “Transactions” section of the Website will be the ultimate authority in deciding such matters (subject to any subsequent determination reached by the NTRC).
6 Payment Terms
6.1 At any given time, the balance of a Client’s Betting Account will be either a debit balance, credit balance or nil (“Account Balance”). At any given point in time, the Account Balance is the difference between:
- a. the sum of the unsettled wagers (that is, the wagers listed as “Open” in the “Transaction” section once the Client is logged in to the Website) made by the Client; and
- b. the sum of any deposits made by the Client and winnings payable by Unibet for all settlement periods.
If the sum of the unsettled wagers exceed the sum of Client deposits and winnings, the Account Balance is a debit balance. If the sum of Client deposits and winnings exceeds the sum of the unsettled wagers, the Account Balance is a credit balance. If the sum of the unsettled wagers and the sum of the Client deposits and winnings are equal, the Account Balance is nil.
6.2 Subject to the remainder of this “Payment” section of these Terms, a Client cannot place a bet unless the “Account Balance” is a credit balance.
6.3 To ensure that their Account Balance is a credit balance and/or to make a payment to Unibet of funds owed by the Client to Unibet, a Client must deposit funds into their Betting Account by cheque, bank cheque, credit card, direct credit, PayPal, B Pay, Poli or by any other method as agreed to between the Client and Unibet.
6.4 Each bet will be settled and, if applicable, winnings will be credited to a Client's Betting Account following confirmation of the final result. If any winnings are credited to a Client's Betting Account in error, the Client must notify Unibet immediately. Any funds credited to the Client in error by Unibet are immediately due and payable to Unibet. If necessary, Unibet will issue the Client with a Notification (as defined below) in respect of the return of these funds.
6.5 Clients should check their Account Balance each time they log on to the Website or at the time they place their wager via the telephone. If a Client reasonably believes that there is an error or inconsistency in the Account Balance, it is the Client's responsibility to notify Unibet at the earliest opportunity of this and to provide Unibet with any information reasonably required by Unibet (including the Client's own record of transactions) to enable Unibet to investigate.
6.6 In relation to a Client’s Betting Account;
- a. if the Client’s Betting Account has a credit balance, that Client may, at any time, withdraw part or all of their Account Balance using the Website or by telephone; and
- b. the Client acknowledges that their Betting Account may have a debit balance as a result of the normal operation of their Betting Account. If their Betting Account has a debit balance, it is the Client’s responsibility to immediately repay Unibet the debit balance without demand from Unibet.
- c. Unibet may refuse to accept that Client’s wagers if their Account Balance, at any time, is a debit balance or if the effect of any wager would cause their Account Balance to become a debit balance
6.7 For the avoidance of doubt, it is the Client's responsibility to monitor the balance of his/her Client Betting Account and, if, for whatever reason, their Account Balance is a debit balance, it is the Client's responsibility to ensure that the debit balance is Settled in accordance with these Terms.
7 Betting and Payout Limitations
7.1 The amount that a Client may stake is subject to pre-imposed limits set out in these terms and the Rules. However, Unibet reserves the right to vary these limits, including generally or in respect of any Clients or Client, at its discretion. The Client may seek permission to exceed the applicable limit by means of a request effected through the Website or the telephone service. Unibet reserves the right to accept (fully or partially) or reject the said request without any prior notice and further explanation.
7.2 Unibet reserves the right to withhold any payment of winnings where it relates to an event which is the subject of an investigation being conducted by a racing or sporting body.
8.1 If the Client defaults in payment of any Settlement when due, the Client shall indemnify Unibet from and against all Unibet's costs and disbursements including in respect of any legal fees spent by Unibet to recover the debt and all of the Unibet's costs of collection, which may include any commission of fees paid or payable to any third party commercial or mercantile agent.
8.2 If any Settlement remains unpaid at the end of the second month after the most recent of the relevant wagers was made an immediate amount of the greater of $20.00 or 10.00% of the amount overdue shall be levied for administration fees. This sum shall become immediately due and payable.
8.3 If the Client defaults in payment of any Settlement when due, the Client agrees that Unibet reserves the right to initiate proceedings in respect of the recovery of these debts through the Courts of the Northern Territory, or any other Court in addition to the other rights set out in this section of the Terms.
9 Cancellation (Voiding) of Bets
9.0.1 In respect of bets placed before the start of an event:
- a. Betting effected after the event has started;
- b. Betting effected after a related event was underway and where conditions could have been altered in a direct and indisputable way.
9.0.2 In respect of bets placed after the start of an event (nb: livebetting is not permitted via the Website on sports events):
- a. Betting effected at incorrect price due to delayed or failing "Live"– coverage;
- b. Betting effected on particular offers after these have occurred or else after that an event which could normally be deemed as leading to the outcome (E.g. bets placed on offers such as Total Goals Scored or Next Goal while a penalty is being taken, or has been awarded);
- c. Betting effected on odds which represented a different score than the actual.
9.1 If identification or AML requirements have not been met as required by these Terms in respect of any Client, all bets will be voided in respect of that client and any winnings relating to the bet will be declared null and void.
10.1 These terms and conditions relate to any Promotions, which Unibet may offer from time to time (collectively, Promotions).
10.2 These terms and conditions are additional to and operate in conjunction with these terms.
10.3 Each Promotion will be subject to specific terms and conditions. If these terms and conditions and/or general terms and conditions conflict with any terms and conditions relating to a specific Promotion, the specific terms and conditions will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
10.4 We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions, general terms and conditions, and any other terms and conditions relating to Promotions at any time.
10.5 We reserve the right to withdraw any Promotion at any time.
10.6 Unless otherwise stated, each Promotion is valid only once per client, family, household address, email address, credit card and/or debit card.
10.7 Any Promotion shall apply only to win or place bets placed on the relevant event of any sport or on racing.
10.8 If a client is entitled to participate in a Promotion, the client’s account balance must meet any requirements specified in the terms and conditions specific to that Promotion (if applicable), before the client is allowed to:
- a. make a bet as part of the Promotion; and
- b. withdraw winnings from the bets made as part of the Promotion.
10.9 Subject to the terms and conditions of a specific Promotion, the maximum winnings payable on any Promotion is $50,000.
10.10 Unibet is entitled to, at any time, and in respect of any Client:
10.10.1 accept a bet as part of a Promotion;
10.10.2 cancel a Promotion; and
10.10.3 deduct from a Client’s balance winnings for a Promotion,
if that Client is considered by management to be:
- a. a licensed bookmaker or a non-recreational gambler;
- b. acting on behalf of a licensed bookmaker or non-recreational gambler;
- c. opening multiple accounts under different names;
- d. collaborating with another person to open multiple accounts; or
- e. in breach of these terms and conditions, Unibet’s general terms and conditions, or any terms and conditions relating to a specific Bonus Bet Promotion.
10.11 Promotions are only available to Australia and New Zealand residents, except for residents of New South Wales, South Australia and Western Australia who are not eligible to participate in any promotions. Residents of Victoria and Queensland may be ineligible to participate in Sign Up Bonus promotions and some other promotional offers, unless they opened their Account prior to receiving notice of the promotion or prior to the promotion being advertised (whichever occurs first). Please check the specific terms of each Promotion for details.
10.12 If identification requirements have not been met as required by these Terms in respect of any Client, all Promotions will be cancelled in respect of that client and any winnings relating to a Promotion will be declared null and void. The Client will have his account debited in respect of any winnings credited to his/her account.
10.13 A Client shall only be entitled to participate in one Promotion at any time.
10.14 Unibet reserves the right to cancel, amend, reclaim or refuse this promotions where any term of the promotion is breached or there is any evidence of a series of bets placed by a customer or group of customers which, due to this promotion, results in guaranteed customer profits.
10.15 Any customers found to be betting on both sides of the same market to qualify for this bonus/ promotion will be disqualified from the promotion/ bonus.
10.16 Unibet reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse to allow a client to participate in any particular promotional type or promotions. Unibet will provide wrirtten notification to any such client whom Unibet determines will not be eligible to participate in any particular promotional type or promotions, with the withdrawal of eligibility taking effect from the date and time of notification.
11 Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism
11.1 Unibet will verify my identity as required by the Anti Money Laundering | Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (AML|CTF Act), and I will comply with any requests made by Unibet regarding this verification, including, without limitation, requests for personal information and/or documents. The Anti Money Laundering | Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 demands the verification of all clients. Unibet chooses to use Green ID, specialist firms in the industry, who provide a secure online ID verification procedure that checks a few sources of data in real time to determine the accuracy of information provided.
11.2 I agree to notify Unibet if I am, or become, a Politically Exposed Person as defined by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF). The Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering defines a Politically Exposed Person as "individuals who are or have been entrusted with prominent public functions in a foreign country, for example Heads of State or of senior politicians, senior government, judicial or military officials, senior executives of state owned corporations or important political party officials".
11.3 Any persons depositing via PayPal will be locked into only using PayPal as a deposit or withdrawal method unless their account is under $100.
12 Disclaimer and Priority
12.1 Unibet reserves the right, according to its own discretion, to settle all complaints or other issues on an individual basis on the basis of equity, attaining itself to generally accepted betting norms, customs and definitions.
Any substantial amendment to the Terms shall be notified in advance by Unibet to the Client before coming into effect.
Our Terms have been updated to make them friendlier and easier to follow. We’ve made changes to the structure, removed repetitions, edited the language and clarified some terms.
We have amended the following clauses: 1.3 Sport Rules
This is version 3.0 of the Unibet Terms & Conditions, last updated on 15/02/2018.