Unibet will review this Privacy Statement periodically and reserves the right to modify portions of this Statement at any time and at its discretion. We recommend you review these pages periodically for an update on any changes.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified individual (or an individual who is reasonably identifiable), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not.
In this Privacy Statement, a reference to "Australian Privacy Principles" means the Australian Privacy Principles set out in Schedule 1 to the Privacy Act 1988.
We also have a Credit Information Policy which sets out details of our handling of credit-related personal information we collect from you and credit reporting bodies.
You are welcome to browse our Website without ever providing us with your Personal Information. However, if you wish to deposit funds, place a bet and/or withdraw funds, you will, for legitimate reasons, be required to provide us with certain Personal Information so that we are aware of whom we are communicating with.
We only collect such Personal Information as is required for the purpose of identifying you for your own security and maintaining your account.
The Personal Information that we collect may include your:
Date of birth;
Financial Institution account details;
Credit Card details;
Username and password of your account.
The Personal Information we collect can be viewed in the Edit Account Details area of our Website.
If you do decide to provide us with Personal Information, we will retain that Personal Information.
Personal Information is collected from you in the following ways:
Through Unibet's Website and communications between you and us by correspondence (such as email, fax and letter); and
When you contact us by phone. Please note that it is a requirement of our bookmaking licence that all telephone calls with our clients are recorded; and
In our transaction records; and
through promotional campaigns.
Our Website uses 'cookies'
'Cookies' are alphanumeric identifiers that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser. 'Cookies' identify your web browser but not you.
'Cookies' enable our system to recognise your browser and maintain your log-in status while using the Website.
By disabling 'cookies', you will not be able to use the betting services on the Website.
Our 'cookies' don't send us back any information about your computer or any other information on your hard drive.
Use and disclosure
All Unibet employees are subject to confidentiality agreements in respect of Client's details and trading habits.
When we collect Personal Information on our Website, we may use this information to:
- provide you with the services you have requested, or meet the purpose for which the information was submitted;
- upgrade, enhance and personalise your experience within the Website, or tailor our information, services or products for you;
- contact you for direct marketing or other promotional purposes;
- create aggregate data about our Clients, such as average age, gender, demographics and other statistics to allow for more efficient operation of this Website; and/or
- determine your liability for Australian GST.
By choosing to provide Personal Information on our Website, you consent to our using your Personal Information as set out in section 3(c) above.
Personal Information that you submit to our Website may be disclosed to a third party:
- to the extent necessary, to provide the service you have requested or to meet the purpose for which it was submitted;
- if we have informed you of the particular third party to whom it will be disclosed, at the time of collection;
- in order to participate in activities with business partners and sponsors, who will be identified to you when the relevant Personal Information is collected;
- to the extent necessary to carry out the uses which are set out in section 3(a) above;
- if the disclosure is:
- required by law.
- permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
- necessary to co-operate with a judicial process or a law enforcement agency.
- necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Unibet, this site, or participating sites.
- necessary to lessen or prevent unlawful activity or serious threats to individuals, public health or safety.
Important Note: Cross-border disclosures
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our related company in Malta;
- We will take such steps as are reasonable to ensure that our related company protects your privacy.
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect Personal Information from:
misuse, interference and loss; and
unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may decide to use and disclose non-personal information relating to your account usage. For example, we may decide to disclose aggregate average data for statistical purposes to current or potential stakeholders in Unibet or for determining future marketing plans or upgrades to our Website.
Apart from mandatory information we need to provide our services to you, there may be data that does not personally identify you collected to monitor and improve our service. For example, when a web page is visited the URL of the page is recorded together with the time and date and the browser software being used.
Each time you log into your account on our Website, our web server will issue you with a cookie to authenticate you as the account holder.
Once you are logged into your account on our Website, specific or aggregate information may be collected and logged for security purposes. For example, our server recognises your domain name, IP address and the pages that you visit. These logs may be used for the resolution of problems and disputes.
Access and Correction
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to access and seek correction of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
The Personal Information collected can be accessed and corrected by entering the Edit Account Details in the My Account section after logging on.
Details of your transaction history can be found in the Show All Bets and Show Open Bets Only area of the Website.
If you would like further information regarding the Personal Information we have collected from you, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any concerns regarding your privacy, you can contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. Following the receipt of your concern, we will investigate your concern and respond to you within a reasonable timeframe.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may then take your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
You consent to the use or disclosure of your Personal Information in circumstances which are:
set out in this Privacy Statement;
clearly explained to you at the time when the Personal Information is collected from you; or
permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles.