1.1 "Unibet" or "Betchoice" are references to Betchoice Corporation Pty Ltd A.C.N 71 121 382 607, trading as Unibet, a company registered in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001. Unibet is licensed by the Northern Territory Racing Commission to accept wagers by telephone and the internet.
1.2 “Client” or “you” are references to any person that holds a betting account with Unibet (“Betting Account”).
1.4 Unibet shall make a recording of all telephone calls that take place between Unibet and Clients, both incoming and outgoing. The Client consents to these recordings being made and the Client agrees that the relevant recording(s) and/or any records of a Client's transactions may be made available to any Authority (as defined in paragraph 6 of “Unibet’s Reserved Rights”).
1.5 All dividends shown are for a $1 investment. All tote-based dividends displayed are approximate only.
1.6 Unibet reserves the right to make changes to its Service, including, without limitation, the Website, betting limits, payout limits and offerings.
1.8 Any reference in these Terms to words/objects that appear in singular also applies to plural. References to gender are non-binding and to be treated for information purposes only.
1.9 If any provision in these Terms or the Rules is or becomes void or unenforceable, that provision will be taken to be removed and cease to form part of the Terms or the Rules. However, the remaining Terms or Rules will continue to have full force and effect.
1.10 Upon acceptance of these Terms by the Client, the Terms (as amended from time to time under paragraph 7 above) are irrevocable and will remain in effect for as long as the Client holds a Betting Account.
1.11 None of Unibet's agents or representatives are authorised to make any representations, statements, conditions or agreements not expressed by Unibet in writing nor is Unibet bound by any such unauthorised statements.
1.12 The Client undertakes to give Unibet not less than fourteen (14) days prior written notice of any proposed change in the Client's name and/or any other change in the Client's details (including but not limited to changes in the Client's address, facsimile number, or telephone number).
1.13 Once a Betting Account has been opened, it cannot be used (that is bets cannot be placed) until the Client has elected whether s/he wishes to set a pre-commitment level. If the Client elects to set a pre-commitment level (“PCL”), the Betting Account cannot be used until the Client has set a PCL. If a client sets a PCL, that Client agrees that:
- a. the amount s/he deposits into their Betting Account in each seven (7) day period (with the first seven (7) day period commencing on the day the Client sets the PCL) will not exceed the amount of the PCL;
- b. if s/he chooses to lower their PCL, the new limit will be in force immediately; and
- c. if s/he chooses to increase their PCL or revoke their PCL (ie so that they elect NOT to set a PCL), the increased or revoked limit will not take effect until seven (7) days after the request.
1.14 Unibet is licensed and regulated by the Northern Territory Racing Commission (the “NTRC”) and all wagers are considered to be placed and received in the Northern Territory in the Commonwealth of Australia.
1.15 These Terms will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Northern Territory. You agree, subject to paragraph 16 below, that you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Northern Territory in respect of any dispute arising out of these Terms or Unibet’s provision of the Service..
1.16 Any complaints you may have in relation to your use of the Service or any dispute between you and Unibet, subject to clause 18 below, will be dealt with in the following manner:
- a. In the first instance, you will email your complaint to email@example.com.
- b. Should you consider our reply to be unsatisfactory (the complaint is now a “Dispute”), within fourteen days of receiving this reply you must refer the Dispute to the Northern Territory Racing Commission via the web page https://nt.gov.au/industry/gambling/complain-about-a-bookmaker/gambling-dispute-form or post at GPO Box 1154 Darwin NT 0801 for final determination. The NTRC’s decision shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
1.17 Unibet shall not be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock out, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm, power surge, or other event beyond its reasonable control.
1.18 Irrespective of anything else in these Terms, any dispute under the ”Default” section of these Terms will be dealt with in accordance with the procedures set out in that section.
1.19 In accordance with Unibet’s licence conditions, Unibet maintains a banking facility with collateral equal to or greater than the total of client funds including pending bets as a safeguard of client funds in the event of insolvency. Total account balances are reported to the NTRC on a monthly basis and audited annually.